The owners of and have applied for a liquor license to operate a "neighborhood tavern" at 1314 9th Street, NW. According to the liquor license application, the menu of the tavern (named "A n D") will "consist of mostly cold preapred foods and other bar snacks." The tavern will operate on the first floor and basement level, with a maximum of 56 seats and a total occupancy load of less than 99.
A n D proposes to operate every day from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m. It is applying for a Class C liquor license, which will allow it to sell beer, wine, and spirits. Depending in part on when the various licenses and permits are issued, the owners hope to open A n D in September or October of 2012.
A n D nicluded a sample menu with its license application, which should give a sense of the types of food they intend to serve. Entrees on the menu include:
- Meat Loaf - Cheddar, Red Onion, Horsy Mayor
- Beef Tongue Reuben - Kraut, Special Sauce
- Smoked Chicken - Pickled Jalapeno, Chipotle Mayo
- Grilled Vidalia, Apricot Confit, Spiced Pecans
- Smoked Salmon - Potatoes, Pistrachio Gremolata