The agenda has been announced for the Wednesday, February 6, 2013, meeting of ANC 6E. The meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. at the Shaw Library, 1630 7th Street, NW.
Agenda items for the meeting include two requests for relief from Sunday parking restrictions (including a request to allow parking in certain "No Parking" areas); a request for support of a public space plan for the planned condominium project at ; and discussion of a on the issuance of new liquor licenses within 1,800 feet of 1211 U Street, NW (generally spanning two to three blocks north and south of U Street from 15th Street to 6th Street).
The full agenda is after the jump.
(per email from Chairperson Rachelle Nigro)
- Call to Order and Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda
- PSA Report: Metropolitan Police Department, 1D and 3D
- /: Request for Support for Extension of Parallel Parking until 3:00 p.m. on Sundays on the West Side of the 1300 block of 6th Street, NW
- Request for Support of Parking in "No Parking" Areas on Sundays from 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (area bounded by S Street to the north, Rhode Island Avenue to the south, 9th Street to the east, and 13th Street to the west )
- , Condominium Presentation by Bozzuto: Request for Support for Public Space Plan
- Discussion of the
- Harry's Wine and Liquor Presentation: Request for Support of Liquor License and Voluntary Agreement, 425 I Street, NW
- : Request for Support for Street Closure for St. Patrick’s Day Festival (6th Street, NW, between S Street, NW, and Florida Avenue, NW)
- New Business (Discussion of the vacancy of Commissioner Mark Dixon’s Seat 6E06)
- Old Business (Update on Office Space; Discussion of ANC 6E Grant Application)
- 2013 Budget Discussion
- Approval of ANC 2C’s Quarterly Report for First Quarter FY2013
- Approval of Expenses
- Approval of Minutes-January 2013
- Next Meeting
New ANC 6E
This meeting is the second of the newly redistricted , which includes the majority of the Shaw neighborhood. (The rest of Shaw remains in .) The ANC 6E portion of Shaw was previously part of the former .
The former ANC 2C consisted of four commissioners representing Shaw, Mount Vernon Square, a large portion of the the East End area of downtown (including the Gallery Place/Verizon Center area) and a portion of the Mall.
The new ANC 6E consists of seven commissioners representing Shaw, Mount Vernon Square, Mount Vernon Triangle, and the area between Mount Vernon Triangle and North Capitol Street (including Sursum Corda and a small portion of the NoMa BID).
|ANC MAPS -- NEW 6E vs. OLD 2C|
The ANC 6E members are the following (links are to candidate questionnaire responses, interviews, or Facebook pages):
6E03: Frank Wiggins
6E07: Alfreda Judd