Mood Lounge has proposed major changes to its operations in an effort to have a "great working relationship with [its] neighbors" and to "survive in these hard economic times." The proposed changes were outlined in a letter received by the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board in mid-October. In that letter, Mood Lounge's owner sought approval for the following operational changes:
- Caribbean cuisine to be served on the first level from 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., Tuesday through Sunday
- Happy hour to be held from 5:00 p.m. to midnight, Tuesday through Sunday. The happy hour would "include diversified food and competitive neighborhood prices"
- Community events, including block parties, live jazz, poetry reading, and book drives
It's not clear whether any action is required by the Board. The Board reviewed the letter at a meeting held on November 14, 2012, but its disposition of the request was to treat it as a "For Your Information" letter.
The letter also stated that the following changes would be made:
- A general manager would be hired to manage day-to-day operations
- Metropolitan Police Department reimbursable details would be employed on Friday and Saturday nights
- Soundproofing would be installed on the wall that Mood Lounge shares with 1316 9th Street, NW.
[A]fter careful thought and consideration, I have changed my ideas and views from sitting in many of the ANC board meetings and have learned from the board and the community. We will have a new direction of what we want to achieve for this establishment, and have decided to be what this community needs me to be, an asset for the area.
Mood Lounge is located at 1318 9th Street, NW, and has been the subject of a number of neighborhood for ten days.ts license was recently
A copy of the letter is after the jump.
Mood Lounge Letter